Think Tank Announces First 4 Wheeled Camera Bag - The 4-Sight Roller
Airport roller with 4 wheels !
By Dan Carr | April 25, 2012
Santa Rosa, Calif. - Think Tank Photo announces that in May it will release its first four-wheeled rolling camera bag, the Airport 4-Sightâ¢. The Airport 4-Sight meets international airline carry-on standards. The roller's weight has been reduced dramatically through innovative design and by a strict focus on the features that photographers find most beneficial.
With professional photography gear not getting any lighter, Think Tank set out to design a more ergonomic roller to reduce fatigue and strain on traveling photographers. Walking a four-wheeler alongside one's self is easier than pulling it behind or carrying it over a shoulder. Putting the bags weight on four-wheels eliminates arm strain and makes rolling effortless.
Four-wheelers are superior on many smooth surfaces. On thick carpet, the Airport 4-Sight leans over to perform as a traditional two-wheel roller. It has the added benefit of rolling sideways on two wheels to easily navigate tight spaces, such as airline aisles.
- High capacity. Holds Pro DSLRs with four to five lenses.
- Integrated removable Think Tank Cable Management organizer.
- Side hinged lid opens bag completely for quick and unencumbered access to gear.
- Two-position locking handle for comfort and ergonomics.
- Zippered top pocket for boarding pass.
- Lockable zipper sliders on main compartment.
- Reinforced bottom panel for increased durability.
- User replaceable handle and wheels.
- Seam sealed rain cover included.
- YKK RC-fusedâ¢ zippers.
"The Airport 4-Sight is in a class by itself," said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo's co-founder and lead designer. "It appeals to frequent flyers or anyone who seeks ease in transporting gear. Smart design features like reduced overall weight and increased maneuverability, ergonomics and capacity make this rolling camera bag a breakthrough in the industry."
- Internal Dimensions: 12.3" W x 16" H x 5-6.7" D (31.2 x 40.6 x 12.7-17 cm)
- External Dimensions: 14" W x 19.5" H x 8" D (35.6 x 49.5 x 20.3 cm)
- Weight: 7-8.9 lbs (3.2-4 kg)
About Think Tank Photo?Headquartered in Santa Rosa, California, Think Tank Photo is a group of designers and professional photographers focused on studying how photographers work and developing inventive new carrying solutions that meet their needs. They are dedicated to using only the highest quality materials and design principles, and employing materials that are environmentally benign.
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up