Adobe Launches Lightroom 4 Public Beta
Time to get testing !
By Dan Carr | January 11, 2012
Adobe has opened up a free public beta for Lightroom 4. Once downloaded, users will be able to use LR4 for free until March 31st. For users of Lightroom 3 it looks to be a fairly gentle upgrade so far, though Adobe have been known to keep back some killer features until launch time. The biggest feature, that I guess we were all expecting, is the ability to make simple adjustments to videos. Exposure, tone, contrast and white balance can all be adjusted and the files can be trimmed.
You can download the free beta HERE on the Adobe website. In the coming weeks we will feature some more detailed information on the new elements of the software.
Main update points
- Robust Video Support
- Manage images by location with the Map Module
- Simplified Basic Adjustments
- Powerful new Shadow & Highlight controls
- Additional local adjustments including Noise Reduction and White Balance
- Soft Proofing Reinvented
- Elegant Photo Book creation
- Email from directly within Lightroom
- Publish videos directly to Facebook or Flickr
- Enhanced DNG workflows
- Adobe Revel export workflow
Get articles like this in your inbox: Sign Up